Last week we made an intense road trip throughout Switzerland in order to look for the best x-alps training ground.
We that’s me and Albert (yes, there are two of us 😉), a good friend of mine and experienced mountaineering buddy who wants to support me during the x-alps 2019.
The weather wasn’t too good, but that could not stop us from
- searching new paths to hike up (Even some strategic ones especially around Matterhorn which was a turnpoint in past Redbull x-alps editions,
- searching routes down in the valley to hike along (especially over mountain passes and the Mattertal),
- and paragliding (from rainy to stable conditions).
- Weight is king. Go light to go far AND longer.
- Eating was a major success. I could keep my weight. 😊😊😊 And we were looking for a rich variety, not only pasta and high carb.
- Sleeping was horrible. My air mattress lost air. And I had had no backup. Thunderstorms, humidity and loud neighbors at the camping made me sleep very little.
- But that couldn’t bring us down. The atmosphere was always good, we could discuss things seriously and make good decisions. I’m really lucky to have such a cool mate on my side and I’m proud to be in a team with him.